Old Castle Farm Hives is an established, experienced and ever expanding family-run beekeeping supplier.
We are an experienced and trusted supplier for all your beekeeping needs. We sell a wide range of beekeeping clothing, equipment, tools and consumables, including our exclusive Sentinel breathable and sting-proof beekeeping suits and gloves, bee feeds, bee treatments, pest control clothing, ready assembled & flat-pack bee hives, hive parts, Konigin honey extraction equipment and more…
The Sentinel Queen Bee Beekeeping Suit is now available in Grey
The Sentinel Queen Bee Beekeeping Suit is the UK’s only beekeeping suit designed exclusively for women.
Please click here for more information.
Sentinel Beekeeping Clothing
Designed & Developed exclusively by Old Castle Farm Hives in our own factory
The Sentinel range developed by Old Castle Farm Hives is made from material thicker than the average bee sting, making it unlikely the wearer will be stung.
- Greater protection than conventional beekeeping clothing
- The ventilated breathable material helps keep you cool
- Virtually sting-proof to prevent bee stings
- Lightweight, comfortable & practical to wear
- Designed by a beekeeper for beekeepers
- SENTINEL PRO II beekeeping suit available in white or grey with choice of hat or veil, in sizes X Small – XXXL, plus a Made to Measure suit
- SENTINEL QUEEN BEE beekeeping suit available in subtle Liilac or Grey, with a choice of hat or veil, in sizes 10-24
- The SENTINEL QUEEN BEE beekeeping suit is the UK's only beekeeping suit designed exclusively for women
- Gauntlets, Sentinel Pro II, Leather Reinforced and Nitrile/Cloth Gloves available
BEWARE OF INFERIOR CHEAP COPIES !!
Bee Hives, Nucs & Hive Parts
National Hives (Western Red Cedar), available ready assembled or flat-packed.
Brood and Super Boxes, Roofs, Floors, Crown Boards, Entrance Blocks and Discs, , NUC Boxes, Framer Perches, Castellations, Mouse Guards and more…
Correx, Western Red Cedar and BS Honey NUC boxes.
Pest Control Clothing & Equipment
Keeping you Safe and Protected at Work
We sell a range of pest control clothing like our exclusive Sentinel Pest Control Suit and pest control equipment.
- Complete protection against hornets, wasps, bees & other flying insects
- Providing the confidence and safety you need for any task in the pest control industry
- Comfortable and practical to wear
- Hard-wearing heavy-duty cotton
- Machine washable
- Available at a competitive, realistic cost
- Available in a range of sizes
- Extra heavy-duty gloves are available
Konigin Honey Extraction Equipment
We are the main UK suppliers of Konigin extraction equipment
- Complete Honey Extraction lines
- NEW Konigin 'Mini Line'
- Fully and Semi-Automatic Uncapping Machines
- Wax Melting Centrifuges
- Honey Sumps and Tanks
- Uncapping Vats
We have a display of Königin equipment at our shop. Customers are welcome to visit the shop to see the range and ask for our expert advice.
Black Bee Designs T-Shirts
BLACK BEE DESIGNS offers a range of “Happy & Humorous” tee shirts especially for Beekeepers and their families. We hope you like the designs.
We are aiming to expand the range in the not-so-distant future to include other items like polos, sweatshirts caps and hoodies.
We are happy to discuss “Custom” designs you may have and welcome any enquiries from Bee Keeping Associations for promotional apparel.
About our Beekeeping Shop
We have a Beekeeping Shop at the farm, and welcome all visitors.
Monday- Friday: 9.30am - 5.30pm
Saturday: 9.30am - 1pm
Please note we are closed on Saturdays from 30th September to 28th February.
We sell a wide range of beekeeping equipment and consumables in our online shop including our exclusive Sentinel breathable and sting-proof beekeeping clothing range, feeds and treatments, pest control clothing, ready assembled & flat-pack bee hives and hive parts, Konigin honey extraction equipment and more.
An experienced & Trusted supplier of beekeeping & pest control clothing, bee hives & parts, beekeeping tools, Konigin extraction equipment consumables, feeds, treatments and more...
Old Castle Farm Hives is a family run business with beekeeping experience and expertise.
Our mission is to deliver quality products at value prices. We aim to be competitively priced while providing 1st Class Customer Service.
As a beekeeper on a farm on top of a mountain in Wales it was difficult to get beekeeping supplies on a weekend when I needed them. So, I decided to set up a shop, not only to help me but to supply other beekeepers across the UK and Worldwide.
Honeybee Hive Adoption Scheme
We launched this as part of our diversification to extend our main business to encompass our Adopt a Hive scheme and to raise awareness amongst organisations of the increasing threats faced by our honeybees, and indeed other pollinators.
We have an adoption Scheme for businesses, organisations schools and companies in Wales and beyond.
We have a designated area at our Farm and a collection of hives called an Apiary. In the Apiary we will look after the Bees with weekly checks, feeding and treating for pests (varroa mites as naturally as we can), and then extracting the honey from the hives, jarring and labelling by hand and finally sending it directly to you.